Drake and Travis Scott are facing lawsuits after at least eight people were killed and hundreds injured during the Astroworld festival in Texas.
In a statement following the damages, Scott said he was working towards helping the families of the victims – the youngest one was just 14.
At least 2 lawsuits were filed by victims of the Astroworld Festival, one saying Travis Scott and Drake "incited mayhem."
8 people were killed, the youngest 14 and 16. The suit says Scott continued performing as fans pleaded with security for him to stop as the crowd surged. pic.twitter.com/Rn5qXtFsEK
— AJ+ (@ajplus) November 8, 2021
One of the injured victim is seeking for $1M named Kristian Paredes accuses Travis Scott and Drake of inciting “a riot and violence”, and claims, the venue and entertainment company, Live Nation failed to provide adequate security and medical services.
In the lawsuit, the 23-year-old declares that he “felt an immediate push”at the front of the general admission section, before the crowd became chaotic and a stampede began”.
The lawsuit also states that “many begged security guards hired by Live Nation Entertainment for help, but were ignored.”
Mr Paredes is described as having suffered “severe bodily injuries”.
Travis Scott, Live Nation and concert promoter Scoremore are also victims of another suit seeking $1M in damages for Manuel Souza. Mr Souza is described as having suffered “serious bodily injuries when the uncontrolled crowd at the concert knocked him to the ground and trampled him”.
Live Nation has not yet commented on the lawsuits but has said it is “working to provide as much information and assistance as possible to the local authorities as they investigate”.
So far, neither Drake, nor Travis Scott have commented on the lawsuits.