Trump receives a sentencing in his hush money case!
#image_title

Trump receives a sentencing in his hush money case!

Trump receives a sentencing in his hush money case as court decides not to punish him.


Share this post

In the lowest possible verdict for the historic case, a New York court sentenced U.S. President-elect Donald Trump to an unconditional discharge on Friday, meaning he will not be imprisoned or subject to any punishment for his guilt in the hush money case. The circumstances were unprecedented, according to trial judge Juan Merchan.

“Never before has this court been presented with such a unique and remarkable set of circumstances,” the judge said.

“The only lawful sentence that permits entry of a judgement of conviction without encroaching on the highest office of the land is an unconditional discharge.”

Trump avoided the possible four-year prison term associated with the accusations after being found guilty on 34 counts of falsifying company records in May 2024.

As the judge, attorneys, and reporters crowded the Manhattan courtroom—the site of a spectacular trial that featured legal fighting and Trump's vehement public remark, Trump virtually attended the sentencing.

Trump declared before the discharge was issued that, “This has been a terrible experience. I think it’s been a tremendous setback for New York and the New York court system, It was done to damage my reputation so I would lose the election.”

Prosecutor Joshua Steinglass emphasised the significance of sustaining the jury's unanimous verdict and denounced Trump's actions during the trial as "premeditated and continuous deception."

Steinglass said, "The verdict in this case was unanimous and decisive, and it must be respected."

During the trial, it was shown that Trump had paid Stormy Daniels $130,000 in secret to keep her from revealing an alleged affair before the 2016 presidential election.

According to witness testimony, the payments were made in an attempt to sway the election's outcome, which went in favour of Trump.

The U.S. Supreme Court and the New York State appeals court rejected Trump's legal team's attempts to postpone the sentencing by pointing to outstanding appeals.

Ten days prior to Trump's second inauguration, prosecutors contended that postponing the hearing would compromise the legal system.

Trump's status as the first U.S. president-elect to be convicted of a felony is cemented by the unconditional discharge, which maintains his felony record without imposing any additional consequences.

Prior to the sentencing, Bennett Gershman, a former prosecutor and Pace University law professor, stated, "He's thumbing his nose at the judge, the jury, and the justice system."

Both supporters and detractors of the case had passionate emotions outside the courthouse. Protesters hoisted posters that read, "Trump is guilty," while Trump supporters carried banners bearing his name.

Just four years after his supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to reverse his 2020 defeat, Trump secured a political comeback earlier this week when he was declared as the winner of the 2024 presidential election, despite the legal controversies.


Share this post
Comments

Be the first to know

Join our community and get notified about upcoming stories

Subscribing...
You've been subscribed!
Something went wrong
Ronda Rousey and Gina Carano to End Retirements for Netflix Superfight

Ronda Rousey and Gina Carano to End Retirements for Netflix Superfight

Ronda Rousey and Gina Carano are both coming out of retirement for a one‑night‑only MMA showdown that will stream live on Netflix, in what Rousey is billing as “the biggest superfight in women’s combat sport history.” Announced on Feb. 17, the bout is set for May 16, 2026 at the Intuit Dome in Los Angeles and marks Netflix’s first foray into mixed martial arts as a live sports event. The fight will be Rousey’s first in nearly a decade after her 2016 UFC exit and subsequent runs in WWE and Holly


B P

Reality TV Reckonings and Surprise Weddings Dominate Today’s Entertainment Buzz

Reality TV Reckonings and Surprise Weddings Dominate Today’s Entertainment Buzz

Netflix’s latest reality‑style docuseries has fans re‑litigating the legacy of America’s Next Top Model after runway coach Miss J. Alexander revealed Tyra Banks has not visited him since his 2022 stroke, sparking debates over how the show treated contestants and staff. The revelation has triggered a fresh wave of clips and think‑pieces about the franchise’s most controversial moments and the wider ethics of early‑2000s reality TV. In celebrity news, Shia LaBeouf has reportedly been released fro


B P

Gordon Ramsay Celebrates New Netflix Docuseries Being Gordon Ramsay with Family‑Filled Launch Party

Gordon Ramsay Celebrates New Netflix Docuseries Being Gordon Ramsay with Family‑Filled Launch Party

Gordon Ramsay is in celebration mode after hosting a star‑studded launch party for his new six‑part Netflix documentary Being Gordon Ramsay at his London restaurant Lucky Cat. The 59‑year‑old chef was joined by wife Tana and three of their six kids—Oscar, Holly and Tilly—along with in‑laws Adam Peaty and Henry Farrow and close friend Victoria Beckham, who posed with the couple in an Instagram Reel from the night. The docuseries follows Ramsay as he builds a £20 million, five‑venue food empire i


B P

Rose Byrne Roasted at Harvard’s Hasty Pudding for Calling Bobby Cannavale Her “Husband”

Rose Byrne Roasted at Harvard’s Hasty Pudding for Calling Bobby Cannavale Her “Husband”

Rose Byrne was celebrated and gently skewered at Harvard University as Hasty Pudding Theatricals’ 2026 Woman of the Year, complete with a parade through Cambridge and a roast that zeroed in on her long‑term relationship with Bobby Cannavale. During the Feb. 13 event, student hosts Daisy Nussbaum and Isabel Wilson poked fun at Byrne’s habit of casually referring to Cannavale as her “husband,” even though the pair have never officially tied the knot. The roast mixed jokes about Australia with rif


B P