Trump Appoints Dan Bongino as Deputy FBI Director
#image_title

Trump Appoints Dan Bongino as Deputy FBI Director


Share this post

US President Donald Trump has appointed right-wing commentator Dan Bongino as deputy director of the FBI.

Trump posted on social media that Bongino was "a man of incredible love and passion for our Country" and would serve under newly confirmed FBI Director Kash Patel.

Bongino, 50, has worked for the New York police department and the Secret Service - as well as having been part of the protection detail for two presidents, George W Bush and Barack Obama.

He hosts a self-titled podcast whose Facebook posts often attract more attention than those of Fox News and CNN combined.

"Thank you Mr President, Attorney General Bondi, and Director Patel," Bongino wrote on X in a post after Trump's announcement.

Trump said in his social media announcement on Sunday that Bongino is "willing and prepared to give up" the podcast "in order to serve".

"Fairness, Justice, Law and Order will be brought back to America, and quickly," Trump added.

He said Bongino would do an "incredible job" at the FBI.

Bongino, who has run for Congress three times, hosted Trump on his daily podcast, The Dan Bongino Show, ahead of last year's election.

Episodes of his programme from the last week include titles such as "Trump Keeps Delivering And The Libs Are Seething" and "The Only People Who Love Crime Are Criminals!!!"

Talking about his career as a prolific conservative political commentator, Bongino said in 2018: "My life is all about owning the libs now."

With a combative persona, he can often be found firing back at Trump's detractors on X, including a long-running spat with horror author Stephen King.

Bongino's new FBI boss Patel was last week narrowly confirmed by the Senate to the lead the law-enforcement agency that he has long attacked.

Democrats had warned he would seek retribution against Trump's enemies, although the former prosecutor has denied any plans to pursue political vendettas and has promised to "rebuild" the bureau.


Share this post
Comments

Be the first to know

Join our community and get notified about upcoming stories

Subscribing...
You've been subscribed!
Something went wrong
Druski on Backing Drake During Kendrick Lamar Battle: ‘That’s My Brother’

Druski on Backing Drake During Kendrick Lamar Battle: ‘That’s My Brother’

Druski is addressing the viral speculation surrounding his loyalty during the highly publicized musical feud between Drake and Kendrick Lamar.  In a new cover story for GQ, the Atlanta native clarified that his personal relationship with the Canadian superstar remains unshaken despite the industry-wide tension that defined much of the past two years. “That’s my brother. I don’t care about what’s hot at the moment or what’s going on,” Druski said regarding his friendship with Drake. He emphasiz


O A

Jamie Foxx Announces New Comedy Special “Take Care Of Yourself” On Hulu

Jamie Foxx Announces New Comedy Special “Take Care Of Yourself” On Hulu

Award-winning comedian Jamie Foxx is returning to his comedy roots with “Take Care of Yourself,” a new stand-up special premiering Oct. 7 on Hulu. The streamer announced the special Thursday, revealing its title, premiere date and first-look image. U.S. viewers can watch the special on Hulu, while eligible bundle subscribers can access it through Hulu on Disney+. “Take Care of Yourself” marks Foxx’s latest project under Hulu’s Hularious comedy banner. The Academy Award-winning actor, comedian,


O A

WNBA Legend Nneka Ogwumike To Retire End Of Season

WNBA Legend Nneka Ogwumike To Retire End Of Season

Nneka Ogwumike, WNBA champion, league MVP, and 11-time All-Star announced her retirement following the 2026 season. Ogwumike confirmed the news in an exclusive interview with Taylor Rooks for Boardroom. “I’ve learned there’s power in knowing when to walk away. For so long, that strength meant finding a way to keep pushing. Now, it means recognizing when you feel complete. I find myself grateful, fulfilled, and at peace with everything this game has given me and everything I’ve poured into it,”


O A

Venus Williams awarded US Open wildcard

Venus Williams awarded US Open wildcard

Two-time US Open singles champion Venus ⁠Williams has received a wildcard entry into this year's ‌tournament, organisers said on Tuesday. Seven-time Grand Slam ‌winner Williams, 46, was ‌eliminated in the first round ‌at Flushing Meadows last year after ‌falling to Czech Karolina Muchova. She and sister Serena also returned ‌to doubles action for the ⁠first ‌time since 2022 on Monday, suffering an opening round defeat at the Cincinnati Open. Sloane Stephens, the 2017 US Open winner, was also


O A