Travis Scott Breaks Silence, Speaks Out In Response To Horrific Astroworld Tragedy


Share this post

Travis Scott performed at Live Nation's Astroworld Festival last night, where a deadly stampede broke out. As of this morning, authorities confirmed that the event left eight dead and hundreds more injured. A source connected to Astroworld spoke to TMZ. The source accounted that an individual injected concertgoers with a drug substance that caused the pandemonium.

WATCH: Terrifying Video And Grim First Hand Accounts From Horrific Travis Scott Astroworld Concert
READ: 8 People Died After Stampede At Travis Scott Concert, Source Says May Be Sparked By Individual Injecting Crowd With Drug Substance

Today, at 9:16AM PT, Scott reacted for the first time publicly. He took to Twitter, as many celebrities do, to make his statement, saying,

"I'm absolutely devastated by what took place last night. My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival.

Houston PD has my total support as they continue to look into the tragic loss of life.

I am committed to working together with the Houston community to heal and support the families in need. Thank you to Houston PD, Fire Department and NRG Park for their immediate response and support.

Love You All."

Astroworld also released a statement via Twitter, at 3:57AM this morning. It reads, as follows:

Image via Twitter

"Our hearts are with the Astroworld Festival family tonight -- especially those we lost and their loved ones.

We are focused on supporting local officials however we can. With that in mind the festival will no longer be held on Saturday.

As authorities mentioned in their press conference earlier, they are looking into the series of cardiac arrests that took place. If you have any relevant information on this. Please reach out to @HoustonPolice.

Thank you to our partners at the Houston Police Department, Fire Department, and NRG Park for their response and support."

Other stories of interest:

WATCH: Terrifying Video And Grim First Hand Accounts From Horrific Travis Scott Astroworld Concert

READ: 8 People Died After Stampede At Travis Scott Concert, Source Says May Be Sparked By Individual Injecting Crowd With Drug Substance


Share this post
Comments

Be the first to know

Join our community and get notified about upcoming stories

Subscribing...
You've been subscribed!
Something went wrong
Diddy Combs Released from Solitary Confinement After Prison Fight

Diddy Combs Released from Solitary Confinement After Prison Fight

Diddy Combs has been released from solitary confinement at a federal correctional facility in New Jersey following an alleged physical altercation with another inmate last month.  Combs, who is currently serving a federal sentence at FCI Fort Dix, was reportedly returned to the general population after spending several weeks in disciplinary segregation. The move to “the hole,” as the unit is commonly known, followed a July incident where Combs allegedly traded blows with another prisoner.  Acc


O A

Timberwolves to retire Kevin Garnett's No. 21 ahead of February's Celtics matchup

Timberwolves to retire Kevin Garnett's No. 21 ahead of February's Celtics matchup

The Minnesota Timberwolves will retire Kevin Garnett's No. 21 jersey on February 28th when they face another of his former NBA sides, the Boston Celtics, the team said Friday. Hall of Famer Garnett will become just the second player in Timberwolves history to have his number retired. Malik Sealy's No. 2 was retired after his death in a road accident in 2000. The Timberwolves said in a statement that the ceremony "will serve as the centerpiece of a season-long celebration honoring Garnett's ext


O A

Luigi Mangione Expected To Plead Guilty To Stalking Charges In Federal Court

Luigi Mangione Expected To Plead Guilty To Stalking Charges In Federal Court

Luigi Mangione is expected to enter a guilty plea Friday in Manhattan federal court, potentially reshaping his separate New York murder prosecution. A federal hearing is scheduled for 11 a.m. EDT. The proceeding appeared on the court calendar earlier this week without advance public notice. Mangione, 28, faces two federal stalking-related counts resulting in death. Each charge carries a potential life sentence. He initially pleaded not guilty to the federal allegations. Multiple news outlets


O A

LeBron James to Debut With 76ers Against Knicks as full NBA season schedule revealed

LeBron James to Debut With 76ers Against Knicks as full NBA season schedule revealed

US basketball fans will have plenty of chances to check out LeBron James's first season in Philadelphia, with the 76ers featured in 34 nationally televised games, according to the full NBA season schedule released on Thursday. The NBA had already announced that James and the Sixers would be in action on the first day of the league's 81st season on October 20th -- trying to spoil the New York Knicks' celebration of last season's crown. That game is part of a three-game slate featuring James lau


O A