LeBron James Reveals Why He Stepped Away From Lakers
#image_title

LeBron James Reveals Why He Stepped Away From Lakers


Share this post

LeBron James explained his two-game absence from the Los Angeles Lakers as he returned to the basketball court Dec. 15.

LeBron James might have been down, but he’s not out.

After being forced to miss two games with the Los Angeles Lakers in an eight-day span, the NBA forward re-emerged Dec. 15 to help his team score a 116-110 win against the Memphis Grizzlies—though he was reluctant to step away to treat a foot injury.

“If it was up to just me, I probably would've played,” James told reporters of his brief hiatus following the Lakers’ victory, per ESPN. “It would've been hard to keep me away from it. I have a team and I got to listen to them as well. They look out for my best interest.”

The time away seemed to pay off, as he contributed 18 points to the team’s final total against the Grizzlies.

“I had an opportunity to take more days and get my mind, body and everything where I wanted it to be for tonight,” James continued. “And it worked out.”

But the basketball veteran—who turns 40 on Dec. 30—still kept busy during his downtime, noting that he did “a lot of rehabbing, a lot of training still to make sure that I was ready to go tonight. Didn't want to get too much out of shape.”

Looking ahead, Lakers coach JJ Redick said he would work to give the four-time NBA champion more breaks to avoid having him miss full games.

“Not necessarily less minutes,” Redick told reporters in a post-game press conference, per EPSN, “but shorter runs so that he's not getting gassed and then quicker segments on the bench and then he's back in.”

While James previously expressed his desire to hit the court for all 82 games of the regular season, his coach was more pragmatic about the goal.

“I don't know that's in the best interest of him and us if he does that,” Redick cautioned as he spoke to reporters Dec. 2, according to ESPN, “but if he's feeling well and feeling good, then he should play. But we obviously want to ... manage that as best we can.”


Share this post
Comments

Be the first to know

Join our community and get notified about upcoming stories

Subscribing...
You've been subscribed!
Something went wrong
What Super Bowl 2026’s Ads Say About Where Brands (and Viewers) Are Now

What Super Bowl 2026’s Ads Say About Where Brands (and Viewers) Are Now

Super Bowl LX’s ads felt like a snapshot of where brands – and viewers – are in 2026: nostalgic, celebrity‑obsessed and quietly anxious about AI. To see the spots in one place before diving in, you can watch this roundup: Top 10 Super Bowl LX Commercials 2026. Budweiser’s “American Icons” Clydesdales spot and Lay’s sentimental “Last Harvest” story topped USA Today’s Ad Meter, leaning into heartland imagery and family moments that could have aired a decade ago, just with sharper cinematography.


B P

Notorious B.I.G.’s Son Reportedly Looking to Confront Accuser in Diddy Case

Notorious B.I.G.’s Son Reportedly Looking to Confront Accuser in Diddy Case

CJ Wallace, the son of the late rapper Notorious B.I.G., is pressing ahead with a defamation lawsuit against music publicist Jonathan Hay. However, the case has stalled over procedural challenges. According to reports, Wallace recently told a judge that repeated efforts to formally serve Hay with court papers have been unsuccessful. Without proper service, the case cannot move forward. Hay has not publicly commented on the matter. The legal dispute stems from allegations Hay has made against Wa


O A

USA Team Stars come out on top in NBA All-Star tournament, beating USA Stripes in final

USA Team Stars come out on top in NBA All-Star tournament, beating USA Stripes in final

Anthony Edwards and Tyrese Maxey sparked the USA Stars over USA Stripes 47-21 in Sunday's final of the 75th NBA All-Star Game tournament. Maxey scored nine points while Edwards and Chet Holmgren added eight each as young Stars talent overwhelmed the veteran-laden USA Stripes in the championship game at Intuit Dome, home of the Los Angeles Clippers. "We chose to compete today and we came out on top," said Edwards, the Minnesota Timberwolvesguard who won the NBA All-Star Game Most Valuable Playe


O A

Obama Responds To Racist Trump Video: “Decorum Has Been Lost”

Obama Responds To Racist Trump Video: “Decorum Has Been Lost”

Former President Barack Obama is breaking his silence regarding a racist video posted by Donald Trump on Truth Social. The now-deleted video depicted Obama and the former First Lady Michelle Obama as apes.  During an interview with YouTuber Brian Tyler Cohen, the pair discussed how political discourse has gone downhill. Coehn brought up several examples of inflammatory comments by Trump and his cabinet, as well as the recently deleted video. “There’s this sort of clown show that’s happening in


O A