Jamie Foxx Opens Up About Near-Death Experience in Upcoming Netflix Special
#image_title

Jamie Foxx Opens Up About Near-Death Experience in Upcoming Netflix Special


Share this post

Jamie Foxx is sharing details about the life-threatening health scare he experienced last year in his forthcoming Netflix stand-up special, What Had Happened Was. According to CNN, which spoke with attendees of the October taping, Foxx revealed new insights about his diagnosis, recovery, and the harrowing moments that followed.

Demecos Chambers, a long-time fan who attended the event, recounted Foxx's story. "He passed out and remembered waking up—it was a near-death experience," Chambers shared. "He spoke about waking up in the hospital. He thought he had only been out for a moment, but it turned out to be two or three weeks. He was in a stone-cold coma."

Foxx reportedly told the audience that he had been unconscious for so long that he had grown a beard by the time he regained consciousness. He emphasized the severity of his condition, stating that the swift actions of hospital staff were crucial. "If he didn’t get to the hospital in that moment and the nurse didn’t treat him within a certain timeframe, he said he would have died," Chambers revealed.

Earlier this year, Foxx spoke publicly in Phoenix about the health scare, providing further details. "April 11th, last year, bad headache. Asked my boy for an Advil," Foxx recalled. "I was gone for 20 days. I don’t remember anything."

Foxx explained that he sought medical advice while in Atlanta, where a doctor warned him, “Something’s going on up there.” However, Foxx chose not to elaborate, telling the crowd, “I won’t say it on camera.”

This October, Foxx reflected on his return to the stage after an Atlanta show, expressing his gratitude on Instagram. "On October 3rd, 4th, and 5th, I had an opportunity to tell my side of the story, and there was no better place than Atlanta, Georgia," Foxx shared. "I have to thank you, Atlanta—you showed up and showed out. I haven’t been on stage in 18 years, but I needed the stage and an audience made up of nothing but pure love, and that’s what you were."

Foxx’s special promises a heartfelt and candid recounting of his experience, marking an emotional return to stand-up after nearly two decades. Fans are eagerly anticipating the chance to hear his story in his own words.


Share this post
Comments

Be the first to know

Join our community and get notified about upcoming stories

Subscribing...
You've been subscribed!
Something went wrong
Notorious B.I.G.’s Son Reportedly Looking to Confront Accuser in Diddy Case

Notorious B.I.G.’s Son Reportedly Looking to Confront Accuser in Diddy Case

CJ Wallace, the son of the late rapper Notorious B.I.G., is pressing ahead with a defamation lawsuit against music publicist Jonathan Hay. However, the case has stalled over procedural challenges. According to reports, Wallace recently told a judge that repeated efforts to formally serve Hay with court papers have been unsuccessful. Without proper service, the case cannot move forward. Hay has not publicly commented on the matter. The legal dispute stems from allegations Hay has made against Wa


O A

USA Team Stars come out on top in NBA All-Star tournament, beating USA Stripes in final

USA Team Stars come out on top in NBA All-Star tournament, beating USA Stripes in final

Anthony Edwards and Tyrese Maxey sparked the USA Stars over USA Stripes 47-21 in Sunday's final of the 75th NBA All-Star Game tournament. Maxey scored nine points while Edwards and Chet Holmgren added eight each as young Stars talent overwhelmed the veteran-laden USA Stripes in the championship game at Intuit Dome, home of the Los Angeles Clippers. "We chose to compete today and we came out on top," said Edwards, the Minnesota Timberwolvesguard who won the NBA All-Star Game Most Valuable Playe


O A

Obama Responds To Racist Trump Video: “Decorum Has Been Lost”

Obama Responds To Racist Trump Video: “Decorum Has Been Lost”

Former President Barack Obama is breaking his silence regarding a racist video posted by Donald Trump on Truth Social. The now-deleted video depicted Obama and the former First Lady Michelle Obama as apes.  During an interview with YouTuber Brian Tyler Cohen, the pair discussed how political discourse has gone downhill. Coehn brought up several examples of inflammatory comments by Trump and his cabinet, as well as the recently deleted video. “There’s this sort of clown show that’s happening in


O A

Jill Scott Drops To Whom This May Concern, Her First Album in Over a Decade

Jill Scott Drops To Whom This May Concern, Her First Album in Over a Decade

Jill Scott is back with To Whom This May Concern, her first studio album in more than a decade, arriving February 13, 2026 with 19 tracks of grown‑woman neo‑soul, spoken word and jazz‑funk. Critics are calling it one of her most adventurous and empowering projects yet, weaving themes of healing, middle‑aged romance, divorce, community and self‑accountability into lush live‑band production and guest spots from Tierra Whack, Too $hort, JID, Trombone Shorty and more. You can read more in Variety’s


B P