Drake Announces Return of OVO Fest This Summer’ at Central Cee Concert in Toronto
#image_title

Drake Announces Return of OVO Fest This Summer’ at Central Cee Concert in Toronto


Share this post

Drake has officially confirmed that OVO Fest will return in summer 2025.

The rapper made the announcement during a surprise appearance at Central Cee’s concert at History in Toronto on Saturday night (May 24).

“I’ll see you this summer, by the way” Drake said to the crowd, while congratulating the British rapper on his success. “OVO Fest will be back this year.”

He then pointed back at Central Cee and said “we’ll need you there for that.”

Drake hasn’t hosted his star-studded hometown festival since 2022. At that edition, he reunited with Young Money pals Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj and presented a Canadian extravaganza featuring Kardinal Offishall, Shawn Desman, Nelly Furtado and more.

The 2025 edition of OVO Fest would be his first since his high-profile beef with Kendrick Lamar and his ongoing lawsuitwith his label Universal Music Group.

No other details have been announced yet, but it sounds like Central Cee would be an obvious first guest. Drake praised the rapper before making his announcement, calling “Day In The LIfe” his favourite song. “I can go word for word on that,” he said.

OVO Fest typically takes place in August, around the same time as the Caribbean Carnival (a.k.a. Caribana).

Drake’s announcement came from up on the VIP balcony of History, where he also performed his newest hit “Nokia” from 2025’s collaborative album with PartyNextDoor, $ome $exy $ongs 4 U. Drake has a stake in the venue, along with Live Nation.

Drake has a history of making surprise announcements at other rappers’ shows in Toronto. He initially announced $ome $exy $ongs 4 U in a surprise set with PartyNextDoor at Budweiser Stage last summer.

Drake’s love of surprises is what makes OVO Fest so special in the first place, and this year should be no different.


Share this post
Comments

Be the first to know

Join our community and get notified about upcoming stories

Subscribing...
You've been subscribed!
Something went wrong
Rihanna Marks 20 Years of Her Debut Album ‘Music of the Sun’

Rihanna Marks 20 Years of Her Debut Album ‘Music of the Sun’

Two decades ago, a teenage Rihanna left her home in Barbados with a dream. At just 17 years old, she released her debut album Music of the Sun on August 29, 2005. Now, twenty years later, Rihanna is celebrating the milestone with gratitude, nostalgia, and fresh surprises for fans. To mark the anniversary, Rihanna shared a moving message on Instagram, reflecting on the moment that changed her life forever. “20 years ago, I left my country, my culture, my food, and family to embark on a journey t


O A

Trump Revokes Secret Service Protection for Harris Ahead of Book Tour

Trump Revokes Secret Service Protection for Harris Ahead of Book Tour

President Donald Trump has cancelled Secret Service protection for Kamala Harris, which had been extended by Joe Biden before he left office, according to one of her advisers. As a former vice-president, Ms Harris was entitled under law to receive six months of security after leaving office in January, which was due to expire in July. Her protection had been quietly extended for another year by a directive signed by her former boss but was revoked by Trump in a memo dated on Thursday, accordin


O A

Apple Music Now Lets You Transfer Playlists From Spotify

Apple Music Now Lets You Transfer Playlists From Spotify

Apple Music's latest feature makes it easier to switch services and juggle multiple music platforms. Apple Music app customers woke up to a new feature Tuesday, although not many know it exists yet.  View this post on Instagram A post shared by New Dope (@newdopehq) Apple Music subscribers can now grab songs or playlists from other music platforms, notably Spotify, and bring them to Apple. The ability to transfer music from other music services is buried in the Music App settings. Init


O A

Cam Newton Signs Multi-Year Deal with ESPN

Cam Newton Signs Multi-Year Deal with ESPN

Expect to see more of Cam Newton on ESPN.  The former NFL MVP has signed a muliti-year deal with the network who will expand his role on First Take, ESPN’s signature morning debate show. OnThursday (August 28), Newton made his return during a live show at Norfolk State University as part of the First Take HBCU tour. In a statement, Newton expressed his excitement to be back with the sports network. “I am excited to be back with the First Take team and share my voice on all things sports,” New


O A