8 People Died After Stampede At Travis Scott Concert, Source Says May Be Sparked By Individual Injecting Crowd With Drug Substance
google_play

8 People Died After Stampede At Travis Scott Concert, Source Says May Be Sparked By Individual Injecting Crowd With Drug Substance


Share this post

One of the worst tragedies in the history of live concert events happened on Friday night. Astroworld a festival concert series in Houston, put on by Live Nation, experienced problems from the start. When the doors opened, concertgoers rushed the front gates, pushing through metal detectors and overwhelming front gate staff. Although, they were able to recover from that circumstance, it was not the end of the issues for the concert.

The Astroworld festival started in 2018 and was paused for 2020, because of the pandemic. This was its first event back, since then, and naturally people were excited to attend. But no one expected "a stampede burst through the gates."

As we were arriving to the Astroworld Festival at NRG Park right at 2:00, a stampede burst through the gates. Hundreds of people destroyed the VIP security entrance, bypassing the checkpoint. People were trampled. Some were detained.

— Mycah Hatfield (@MycahABC13) November 5, 2021

Once this situation was under control, the festival continued. No reported incidents came to light, until the evening. Travis Scott took the stage as one of the headliner performers. Drake later joined him and soon afterwords, chaos ensued. And a "mass casualty incident" broke out in the form of a stampede, leaving 8 dead and hundreds hospitalized.

WATCH:  Terrifying Video And Grim First Hand Accounts From Horrific Travis Scott Astroworld Concert
READ: Travis Scott Breaks Silence, Speaks Out In Response To Horrific Astroworld Tragedy

Some reports are saying that they are unsure of the cause of the "mass casualty incident" and would not like to speculate until they have all the facts. This is a statement coming from the Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña. He spoke out in a news briefing in the early hours of the morning.

Outlets like TMZ, on the other hand, are talking to sources associated with Astroworld. One person, who is described to be a "key person involved in the festival," is saying that the crowd went into chaos. Not because of an arbitrary, random event, but as what the source. is calling a "targeted" attack. An individual started injected concertgoers with a drug substance, caused panic to ensue and then the ultimate stampede surge. The source continued to say that authorities are in the middle of investigating if the people who went into cardiac arrest were indeed the ones who were injected. One of those who passed away is described as a 10-year-old. The source, who insinuated that the attack seemed to be targeted, says that the information is still unclear and is yet to be confirmed.

This story is still developing.

You may also be interested in:

READ: Travis Scott Breaks Silence, Speaks Out In Response To Horrific Astroworld Tragedy
WATCH:  Terrifying Video And Grim First Hand Accounts From Horrific Travis Scott Astroworld Concert

Share this post
Comments

Be the first to know

Join our community and get notified about upcoming stories

Subscribing...
You've been subscribed!
Something went wrong
Rihanna Marks 20 Years of Her Debut Album ‘Music of the Sun’

Rihanna Marks 20 Years of Her Debut Album ‘Music of the Sun’

Two decades ago, a teenage Rihanna left her home in Barbados with a dream. At just 17 years old, she released her debut album Music of the Sun on August 29, 2005. Now, twenty years later, Rihanna is celebrating the milestone with gratitude, nostalgia, and fresh surprises for fans. To mark the anniversary, Rihanna shared a moving message on Instagram, reflecting on the moment that changed her life forever. “20 years ago, I left my country, my culture, my food, and family to embark on a journey t


O A

Trump Revokes Secret Service Protection for Harris Ahead of Book Tour

Trump Revokes Secret Service Protection for Harris Ahead of Book Tour

President Donald Trump has cancelled Secret Service protection for Kamala Harris, which had been extended by Joe Biden before he left office, according to one of her advisers. As a former vice-president, Ms Harris was entitled under law to receive six months of security after leaving office in January, which was due to expire in July. Her protection had been quietly extended for another year by a directive signed by her former boss but was revoked by Trump in a memo dated on Thursday, accordin


O A

Apple Music Now Lets You Transfer Playlists From Spotify

Apple Music Now Lets You Transfer Playlists From Spotify

Apple Music's latest feature makes it easier to switch services and juggle multiple music platforms. Apple Music app customers woke up to a new feature Tuesday, although not many know it exists yet.  View this post on Instagram A post shared by New Dope (@newdopehq) Apple Music subscribers can now grab songs or playlists from other music platforms, notably Spotify, and bring them to Apple. The ability to transfer music from other music services is buried in the Music App settings. Init


O A

French Montana & Sheikha Mahra Confirm Engagement

French Montana & Sheikha Mahra Confirm Engagement

French Montana is starting his next chapter in life with a major gesture of love. The rapper proposed to Princess Sheikha Mahra bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum with a diamond ring that carries a price tag of more than one million dollars. The piece was created by Eric the Jeweler of Mavani & Co., who worked closely with French for several months before the final design was completed. The ring features an emerald-cut diamond that weighs 11.53 carats and is valued at approximately $1,050,000


O A